Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi J!

Thanks for answering this forum.

Could you say what are the odds of this "problem" being fixed in the future?

Thanks for your consideration!

Miguel

HP Recommended

I have just bought the model 4032no, and I tried to use your linke, but I can't find the BIOS F13 update on the HP site. Please advice me.

HP Recommended

I could not find the option for the BIOS software, but I did something else instead.

Heres my soultion:

1. Remove the f5 key from the keyboard.

2. Turn computer on and press the f5 key. You are doing this to find the light that stays on when nothing else is lit up.

3. Turn off computer if you wish and take a black sharpie and color over the light you found.

4. Grab the key turn it over and using the same Sharpie and color over the symbol on the key

5. Replace the key carefully

The result will be that when only the f5 light is lit up you will see a small faint light that comes out the sides, and it is not noticable in well lit room. When all the keys are lit up it will look a little starange with the black over the f5 symbol where the light shines through all the other symbols and letters, but again not too noticable.

Hope this makes sense. I'm so happy I did this and the light no longer bugs me. Hope this works for you too. If you have any questions let me know.

Also if you end up breaking your key in the process you can get a replacment key here for only $7: http://www.laptopkey.com/KeyboardKeys.php/HP/Spectre/13T-3000%20(Silver)

HP Recommended

Have there been any updates to make this possible?

HP Recommended

There must be a software update to turn off the keyboard lights completely. It is possible if I switch to tablet mode. Why this is not a function is beyond me.

HP Recommended

Is it possible to turn this light off on the new Spectre x360 15t?

How much does a new keyboard assembly cost?

HP Recommended

The YouTube video displayed below solved my bright light problem with the F5 key.  My HP X360 already had the latest BIOS -- so I only had to tweak the BIOS.  Fast forward to 4 minutes on the following link -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0qkzlYy4Rs

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.