Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Notebook 13-v101no / Z5G02EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently my laptop started to shut off even if has 50%, 80% or even 100% battery. Sometimes it just jumps to under 10% battery an urges me to charge it. Or the screen just goes black and a loading symbol and the text "Powering off" quickly appears before it dies. I cant start it without the charging cable if it happens and when i plug in the charger and start it up, it still has about the same amount off battery left as before it shut off. 

It has all the latest updates and I have tried the diagnostic tools in HP Support Assistant. According to the test my battery is OK. But this feel like a bad battery situation? Or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance for any input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I can see it. The battery is about 4.5 years old. Yes time to replace it. Do you need instructions and help finding a battery to buy?

4-cell, 38-WHr, 1.66-AHr, Li-ion battery (includes cable) 844199-855

Service Manual 

see pp. 26-29

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hubei-844199-855-843534-1C1-HSTNN-IB7J-Compatible/dp/B07LFWQ1BS/ref=sr_1_1?...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

We need to see the advanced results of the battery diagnostic test not just OK or not OK. Can you post a screenshot? Guessing the laptop is close to 4 years old so likely just needs a replacement battery and symptoms are 100% consistent with that. 

HP Recommended

battery-printscreen.jpg

Thanks for the reply! Here is a print screen of the last test, sorry about it being in Swedish. Yes that's correct, it's about 4 years, but then I guess a new battery should do the trick! Even if I had hoped it would last a bit longer!

Edit: Not sure if the image is shoing up? I can't view it myself, but not sure how else to add it...?

HP Recommended

I can see it. The battery is about 4.5 years old. Yes time to replace it. Do you need instructions and help finding a battery to buy?

4-cell, 38-WHr, 1.66-AHr, Li-ion battery (includes cable) 844199-855

Service Manual 

see pp. 26-29

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hubei-844199-855-843534-1C1-HSTNN-IB7J-Compatible/dp/B07LFWQ1BS/ref=sr_1_1?...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the help and the info about what battery it's supposed to be! Much appreciated! 🙂  

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards

Robin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.