Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobinApp
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Turns off even if it is charged, defect battery?

HP Recommended
HP Spectre Notebook 13-v101no / Z5G02EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently my laptop started to shut off even if has 50%, 80% or even 100% battery. Sometimes it just jumps to under 10% battery an urges me to charge it. Or the screen just goes black and a loading symbol and the text "Powering off" quickly appears before it dies. I cant start it without the charging cable if it happens and when i plug in the charger and start it up, it still has about the same amount off battery left as before it shut off. 

It has all the latest updates and I have tried the diagnostic tools in HP Support Assistant. According to the test my battery is OK. But this feel like a bad battery situation? Or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance for any input!

4 REPLIES 4
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,329 44,106 7,087 12,525
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We need to see the advanced results of the battery diagnostic test not just OK or not OK. Can you post a screenshot? Guessing the laptop is close to 4 years old so likely just needs a replacement battery and symptoms are 100% consistent with that. 

0 Kudos
RobinApp
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

battery-printscreen.jpg

Thanks for the reply! Here is a print screen of the last test, sorry about it being in Swedish. Yes that's correct, it's about 4 years, but then I guess a new battery should do the trick! Even if I had hoped it would last a bit longer!

Edit: Not sure if the image is shoing up? I can't view it myself, but not sure how else to add it...?

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,329 44,106 7,087 12,525
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can see it. The battery is about 4.5 years old. Yes time to replace it. Do you need instructions and help finding a battery to buy?

4-cell, 38-WHr, 1.66-AHr, Li-ion battery (includes cable) 844199-855

Service Manual 

see pp. 26-29

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hubei-844199-855-843534-1C1-HSTNN-IB7J-Compatible/dp/B07LFWQ1BS/ref=sr_1_1?...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

0 Kudos
RobinApp
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the help and the info about what battery it's supposed to be! Much appreciated! 🙂  

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards

Robin

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation