Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fb0000 (598V1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My Victus Laptop by HP had a BIO System update, immediately after the update, the USB C port stopped working. 

Prior to the update, the USB C port worked fine. I was using it to connect to an additional monitor. After the BIO System update, the port completely stopped working. I can't display the additional monitor. I tried different cables and chargers in the port as well, but the port does not work.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

What is the specific product ID or Product number, of your notebook?

What you have provided is the base identification and that is not quite specific enough to find out the hardware configuration of what you have.

In a search box or at the magnifying glass, type in MSInfo. Line 9 should be the product ID.

The issue is that you need to find the USB-C driver matching the chipset .

In your case the chipset drivers are part of the graphics drivers.  I suggest reinstalling the latest graphics driver.

Here is a link to the driver portal for your notebook

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/drivers/selfservice/victus-by-hp-15.6-inch-gaming-laptop-15-fb0000/2101...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The product ID is 00342-20859-00329-AAOEM

HP Recommended

@Kimberly2646 wrote:

The product ID is 00342-20859-00329-AAOEM

Unfortunately that is not the format of a product ID. 

HP 15.6 Inch Gaming Laptop 15-Fb0000 (598V1AV)

It is not a big deal.  The highlighted part of the line above this one is the format of a Product ID minus the # and the three letters. (i.e. #ABA)

Have you tried reinstalling the latest graphics driver software yet? 

AMD products have the chipset drivers included in the graphiocs software, unlike Intel products which have seperate chipset driver software.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have reinstalled the graphics driver software. The USB-C Port still does not work. 

HP Recommended

Have you used the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics utility to verify that in hardware terms, it is viable ?

You can also try the HP Support Assistant. It can provide drivers from the HP servers online.

From  a power off state, press the power button and then immediately start tapping the Esc key.

In the menu that appears, choose the F2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.

Click on Component tests. 

Test the USB ports.

HP Recommended

I just got this laptop HP Victus 15.6 15-fa0031dx and the USB-C port appeared to work when I plugged in a spare Dell 65 watt USB-C charger and it was charging the laptop.  I watched it charge up all the way.  Then, I did all the updates through the HP Assist App and the next day I noticed the port doesn't work anymore.  I  plugged the HP laptop into my USB-C dell dock station too and the usb-c cable doesn't light up, charge the laptop, and the monitors connected to the dock don't work with it.  The port appears dead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.