Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15S GR0009AU
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

i purchased a laptop on 11th sept 2020 evening from a hp shope for giffting it to my son for online studies.  He was very happy with his dream come true.  But his happiness got screwed when on next day, we noticed poped up screen bezel (frame) of laptop screen.. Immdietly called up shop manger for replacement.  He asked to lodge complain with HP customer support and same I did through HP support whatsapp and allotted a case ID number on 13th sept 2020.

I would not have got for HP product, if I had even little knowledge of HPs pathetic customer service.

Its 8th day today to my complain, there is no revert or call from HP.  I have to initiate followup even, to hear " Your matter will be solved soon or 24-48 hours".

Have  made N number of call, Mails, Whatsapp call to HP customer care and support all in vain.

Despite having onsite customer service I had to go to there service center about 30kms from my home.  But all in vain.  still Laptop is with me and there is no reply and revert from HP..

Shall feel obliged if some one can guide me for approach to consumer court or HP global headquarter complain for return and refund of my laptop.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HARESH-INDIA 

I'm not familiar with product liability law in India (as I am in the US) but here, it costs roughtly 35 THOUSAND dollars to take a product liability claim into a courtroom.  My guess is that it would cost roughly the same in India.  So, unless you are prepared to spent that much, making threats about legal action are of no value to you.

As for refunding the laptop, HP does not provide refunds for used equipment -- that is not their policy.  They might replace or repair it, but that is their decision, not yours.

I will pass this thread along to the forum Moderators and ask that someone from HP contact you.

The situation will go better if you hold off on the legal threats when dealing with HP.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@HARESH-INDIA, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.