Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP PAVILLON 15-CC076NA 15.6" INTEL i7-7500U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD,940MX -2GB,DVD/RW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

need to upgrade my hard drive is that possible?

HI MY 256GB  IS ALWAYS FULL

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PADRAIGOHARA 

Your laptop does not have a hard drive; instead, it has an SSD -- and that presents issues. New laptops with m.s SSDs do not have access panels or screws to take off the back, forcing you to PRY them apart, and when you do that, you void the warranty.

After that, you would have to get a larger capacity SSD and remove the current one from the motherboard.  While some SSDs are soldered and not removable, others are mounted with screws -- but folks have mentioned that the screws are really, really tight and the head strip when they try to remove them.

So basically, you're risking a lot of damage to increase the size of the SSD.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I am referring to the only storage  of the notebook

yes its SSD

and you say its not possible to replace this storage   with larger capacity  storage

that is really  bad on HP'S Part  that  a device has no long time of real use

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.