03-30-2017 02:58 AM
I have an HP Paviion x2 detachable device with two ports - USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 type C. The charger is connected to the last port.
A. My question is, due to the lack of more ports, is it possible to connect a USB 3.0 type C hub to the USB 3.0 port (instead of the charger)?
B. If yes, will it be still possible to charge the computer via the hub?
C. Assuming that it is a "Yes" for question A, which hubs are recommended?
03-31-2017 11:06 AM - edited 03-31-2017 11:07 AM
Hello, @iamtal – Hope you are well :)
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel!
I am afraid the answer to your question A is a “No” :( The charger only works when connected to the type-C USB port.
If you can find a hub which supports the USB type-C port, then I would recommend using that.
I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot