Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey There ! I have a omen laptop 17 an-000x. one day the left side usb 3.0 suddenly stopped working. i want to change it where will i get the same part. can anyone help. the right side USB's are working correctly. the problem is in left side usb only.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

USB ports on the left are directly on the motherboard so there is no simple part to replace. The ones on the right plug into a daughterboard that in turn plugs into the motherboard. This tells me the usb controller chip on the motherboard is still good. 

You should run the UEFI diagnostic routine on the USB ports. Tap esc as you power up then F2 then component tests and select usb. You need something like a thumb drive to plug into each port as the routine tests it. Post back if you get an error Code. 

Here are a bunch of suggestions:

https://windowsreport.com/usb-not-working-windows-10/

1. Click Device Manager.
  2. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
  3. On Every Device Starting From The Top Called "USB Root Hub"

A. Right-Click

B. Select Properties

C. Click Advanced Tab

D. Click Reset Hub

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Sir, no problem detected in uefi diagnostic and in component test also. i cannot understand how only one usb stopped working and other two working as it is please suggest me something that can repair or replace my usb 3.0. i think the usb port which is affected is usb 3.0 sleep and charge type.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.