Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All!

I have the HP Elite USB-C Dock (G4) P/N L13898-002 - S/N TWP805134R. and I am using the  

During my imaging process the NIC card fails (the other devices continue to work normally.  If I unplug/plug in the dock the NIC card comes back.  Sometimes a restart of windows will resolve it.

So, I attempted to update the firmware on the dock itself, but I am getting an error:

The HP Elite USB-C dock was not detected

Please plug the HP Elite USB-C dock into a USB-C port that support DP ALT mode

Now, I have two issues. 

1. The NIC card fails during my imaging process (Via LANDesk and specifically the 2nd HII pass though)

2. Unable to update the Firmware for my dock.

Any assistance would be great!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have had similar problems with the G4 dock.  It seems as though the drivers listed on the site don't match what is needed in WinPE. 

HP Recommended

The DP ALT message is, I would guess, down to an inability to access and update a DisplayPort hub in the dock using a system that doesn't support DisplayPort alternate mode over USB-C. If I am correct, this message is benign, in that if the system has no DisplayPort alternate mode then the DisplayPort hub in the dock is irrelevant.

Of course, it is also possible that the system does support DisplayPort alternate mode but that the updater is still failing. I would certainly apply any available BIOS and display driver updates to the computer before trying again. If you have access to another computer with DisplayPort alternate mode over USB-C support, I would attempt to apply the update from that.

I cannot think of anything in relation to the WinPE NIC issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.