Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15-ef1003ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to figure out if our work laptops would be compatible with usb-c hubs.

What we want out of them : HDMI output via the hub, a few extra usb 3.0-2.0 ports, possibly power input (Not mandatory)

The USB Type C doesnt specify "Data Transfer Only" on the product specifications page, does that mean it does support video output and power input? Here is what the spec say about the usb-c port : 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5Gbps signaling rate

Can anyone confirm that this would work for our intended purposes?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AnytrekEtienne Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to connect the external USB C type hub.

I have checked the specification and checked the manual 

The USB Ctype is only for data transfer.

It will not support a USB hub.

USB Type-C port Connects a USB device, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides data transfer. NOTE: Cables, adapters, or both (purchased separately) may be required.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AnytrekEtienne Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to connect the external USB C type hub.

I have checked the specification and checked the manual 

The USB Ctype is only for data transfer.

It will not support a USB hub.

USB Type-C port Connects a USB device, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides data transfer. NOTE: Cables, adapters, or both (purchased separately) may be required.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.