Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 14-dv0511na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Please could you tell me if my laptop can be charged via the USB-C port, it has a little lightning logo on it? I'm wanting to buy a dock to go with this machine and if you could recommend that would be great. 

I was looking at the HP universal dock but don't want to buy if it wont charge through the port!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@wallpaper_01 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06979933

It has 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge) port. You can charge your machine using a compatible USB-C charger  rating from 45W up.

If you wish to connect few other devices such as 2 or 3 monitors and using single cable set up, HP USB-C Gen 5 is a perfect  mate for your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.