Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Annraoi.  

What is the product number for your notebook?  This document can show you where it is located.

I'd also like you to provide me the Hardware ID of the device.  Here are the instructions.

1. Go to Device Manager.
  2. Right click on the device.
  3. Select Properties.
  4. Navigate to the Details tab.
  5. Select Hardware IDs from the drop-down menu.
  6. Post these here.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hello Attackof Zaq,

I clicked on the link, d/l the driver onto the laptop, re-started my notebook and the yellow exclamation point is still there.  What else is there to do?  Please let me know.  Thanks

HP Recommended

computer problems.png the download for the hp envy dv7 is not working..  any help will be appreciated..  Been working on this now for 4 hours

HP Recommended

Hello Lorna499.

Did you also try installing this driver?

Let me know the result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

Hello ashleytwalker.  I understand you're having problems getting the driver installed.

It says it is possible that the application is in use.  Have you tried rebooting and trying again?

It is also possible that you need a different piece of software.  If you provide me with your product number I will look for any other possible pieces of software.  This document can show you where the product number is located.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello AttackofZaq,

THANKS!!!  The yellow exclaimantion point is gone.  It was the second driver upgrade that did it. 

Cheers.

Lorna

HP Recommended

Good afternoon Lorna499.

I am glad to hear your issue was resolved.  You are most welcome!  If you ever need help in the future make sure to pay the forums a visit.  They're a great resource.

Have a great week and a lovely weekend.

HP Recommended

same problem......can't get it solved

Product name: HP ENVY Sleekbook 4 PC

Product number: C4U36EA#UUG

hardware ID: root\usbpalbus

oh, and it is Windows 8 x64

HP Recommended

my laptop had same problem and i also found solution from it.

Thanks Really.

HP Recommended

http://free.ssc.vn/images/45problemhp.jpg

hi ,

I have got same problem. Can I help me resolve this problem.

I using HP Envy 3040nr.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.