Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (138 Views)

USB Ports not working

Product Name: HP ENVY dv7t-7200 CTO Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hello. fo a while two (the right ones) of my USB hadnt been working, no big deal, i have 2 more on the left; but now none are working. i tried charging my iphone and i tried all 4 of them, and none responded. i did the update driver fix and nothing helped

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)

Re: USB Ports not working

Hi @kraxydevil,

Welcome to the HP Forum!  It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that the two USB ports on the right stopped working, but as you had two on the left you just used those. Now they have stopped working also. You tried updating the drivers but that did not help.

Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any HP updates? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Here is a link to HP PCs - Troubleshooting USB connections (Windows 10, 8) that may also help.  Please keep me apprised of your progress.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation