Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-4167ca notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I downgraded from win 10 to win 7as I couldn't get the graphics to work, now the drivers for my USB controllers don't work. Hp site isn't clear as to which driver I'd use and I can't find a reference to my chipset (phenom p940 ) on AMD's site. Fingerprint scanner doesn't work either. Any advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Based on the HP Pavilion dv7-4167ca Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications of your computer, it shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Using the HP Recovery Media you created when you first setup your computer will return the computer to a factory like state. This is the easiest method of restoring full functionality to your computer. If you didn't create this media, you may be able to purchase it from ComputerSurgeons.com at Recovery Kit 630626-121 For HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC Model Number dv7-4167CA.

USB 2.0 drivers and functionality are provided by Windows 7. No other drivers should be required to use a USB 2.0 port.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @dkmuh,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More .

I understand that you downgraded back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 but now your USBs and the fingerprint reader is not working, Did you do use the rollback option to restore Windows 7, recovery media or a retail disk? Have you run the HP Support Assistant to aid with acquiring any HP updates and drivers? 

Please let me know the results.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Based on the HP Pavilion dv7-4167ca Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications of your computer, it shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Using the HP Recovery Media you created when you first setup your computer will return the computer to a factory like state. This is the easiest method of restoring full functionality to your computer. If you didn't create this media, you may be able to purchase it from ComputerSurgeons.com at Recovery Kit 630626-121 For HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook PC Model Number dv7-4167CA.

USB 2.0 drivers and functionality are provided by Windows 7. No other drivers should be required to use a USB 2.0 port.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended
I used the roll back option, and used the hp recovery assistant, with no luck. I ended up using the recovery partition, which worked. Colossal waste of a day. Thanks for your interest.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.