Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 17
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

I bought HP pavilion 17 with windows 8 preinstaled. I wiped up win 8 and install windows 7 proffesional 64 bit with SP1. After installation i manualy installed all drivers and everything works fine except my USB ports. I look in HP Support but is only for W8 and W10 not for 7 . I really don't want back to 8 I need 7 becuase my programs works better in 7.

Could help?  I Use Device AMnager Uninstall but same results.

Hardware ID

IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1&REV_0003&SID_2294103C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook have an Intel or AMD processor?

If Intel, what model Intel processor?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook have an Intel or AMD processor?

If Intel, what model Intel processor?

HP Recommended

Sorry, is an Intel i5

HP Recommended

Hi:

For the Intel 3rd generation core i5 processors, download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/21129/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

For the Intel 4th generation and newer core i5 processors, download, unzip and run the setup.exe file from the link below...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

HP Recommended

will do it right now, i let you know ho goes.

THANK you!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,  you are a ROCK!!! I really apreciate all your help, finally all is working very good in my laptop i am so happy. my USB port and my Touch Sceen also is working all in the same driver. 

Thank you for take the time and help me, in other places per internet some guys dont want help just make fill like stupid and never help me have 2 days with and nothing until now.

thank you! 

your are teh best!.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.