Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all. Do you think it is advisable to use a vacuum cleaner in order to remove dust from the notebooks' ventilation grills? I ask this because the compressed air products available in my country are hopeless to remove dust from the inside of the notebook. Many thanks for your help. Regards. Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The issue with vacuum cleaner is you will not be able to insert it in small corners / vents to clear all the dust unlike Compressed Air Canister

A Hand Vacuum Cleaner will not cause any damage 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Massini

Welcome to the HP support community.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi. See the product's DETAILS:

HP ENVY - 17t-ce100 CTO
Product number   6UX02AV
Serial number   8CG95203BK

Regards
HP Recommended

@Massini

Yes, you can try that but at your own discretion.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandy, I appreciate your answer but I was looking for some advice or opinions. In other words, are there any experiences regarding the use of vacuum cleaner? If yes, were there successful or not? Did the use of vacuum cleaner produce any damage?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Massini

Usually Compressed Air is recommended since it's more powerful that a Vaccum Cleaner

But you can always try with a Vaccum Cleaner though it will not be as efficient as a Compressed Air Can

Thank you 😊 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, Krazy for your clarification. Until receiving your message I thought the contrary: that a vacuum cleaner, because it is much more powerful than air duster (compressed air), could damage the inner parts of the notebook.

Regards

HP Recommended

The issue with vacuum cleaner is you will not be able to insert it in small corners / vents to clear all the dust unlike Compressed Air Canister

A Hand Vacuum Cleaner will not cause any damage 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your advice. Best wishes. Martin

HP Recommended

Drop us a message anytime you need help

Have a great weekend 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.