Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p077tx Laptop Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello all,

I replaced the keyboard for this laptop and now unable to put the plate back as the plastic locks of the keyboard plate are now open. Pls find below a screenshot for your reference and pls advise the best way to do this. Thank you

Screenshot Link:

https://ibb.co/3d6pTNT

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Sorry @Suyogya 

Here in the forum we do not make recommendations to "jury rig" notebook parts.

We don't do it because of the safety issues involved.  HP gets upset at us if we do and understandably so because of legal issues.

It appears that you have broken parts of the notebook's lower enclosure and are going to have to make a judgment call on this one on your own.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello Erico,

Thank you for sharing the above details and I understand your point. As you know that the metal plate in the picture was secured by the plastic locks, in order to open the plate to replace the keyboard even HP technicians would have opened it. I am just curious to know that how they will fix it back as the plastic locks are now open. Will they glue it use glue gun or some plastic glue?

In case you have any idea, can you pls let me know?

Thank you again for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.