Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-au147nl

Hello everyone, I am trying to update the bios with the hp program.
My bios has version 25 when as of today there is version 50.
But the hp program impede the upgrade.

How can i do it ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

What is the installed operating system?

The most recent version is F.56 and it is from the end of 2020.

The available BIOS update downloads are at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-pavilion-15-au100-notebook-pc/model/16130034/swIte...

How to upgrade the laptop BIOS.

https://www.youtube.com/@HPSupport/search?query=how%20to%20upgrade%20the%20laptop%20BIOS

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

My system is windows 10 x64.

The bitlocker is not present on my pc and I have disabled the defender but unfortunately it still does not allow it.

DolceCasa_0-1716572399006.png

HP Recommended

Did you run the downloaded BIOS update file as Admin? That should make a difference.

Or

Update the BIOS by way of the HP Support Assistant? That should be a viable option if it is installed. 

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

So, the first option always gives me blocked option to upgrade.
While the second option, it doesn't detect that there are upgrades to be done rather it detects that the bios is updated. I also checked with HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and it always gives me the updated bios, however it is technically not updated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.