Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion

I've sent in my laptop to HP twice now for repairs, but they made it worse the first time I sent it in (I wish I could go back in time and never send it, because they have since doubled the problem and they didn't fix anything when I sent it back in a second time).

If you're interested - the issue is fan noise. Constantly loud and irritating. When they "fixed" it the first time, they replaced my motor with one that sounds old and clunky, so on top of the airy fan noise, I now have the sound of a motor clunking along as if it's on its last spins. I had to borrow an old laptop from work because the noise drives me absolutely crazy. Even the older laptop from work is dead silent - you can hear a pin drop when you're working on it! So how come this laptop I paid $1000 for is so noisy?

I am now out of my general 1-year product warranty, but luckily am still under my 90-day warranty from the last repair, which states that if the issue was not resolved during this "repair", I am able to send it back in. However, the slip of paper does not provide a phone number to do this. And whenever I try to talk to a virtual assistant, they don't understand the fact that I STILL have a 90-day repair warranty. They just say my product is no longer under general warranty, and send me away... So WHAT number do I call, without an automated system dismissing me after putting in my serial number and seeing the general warranty is out??? 

Thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Emily_27 

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Emily_27 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can simply click here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.