Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0051nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone !

There you go, I would like to change my memory and I have a little trouble choosing what I want.
I especially have trouble understanding what I can put as memory in my computer.
I use CAD / CAM software which is very greedy and I would like to be quiet and not come back to it.
Currently I have 2x 4g in 3200
On the instructions for my computer he marks this for memory:

Memory
Two SODIMM slots, customer accessible / upgradeable
DDR4-2400 dual channel support (DDR4-3200 bridge to DDR4-2666, DDR4-2666 downgrade to DDR4-2400)
Supports up to 32 GB maximum system memory in the following configurations:
● 16 GB (16 GB × 1 or 8 GB × 2)
● 12 GB (8 GB × 1 + 4 GB × 1)
● 8 GB (8 GB × 1 or 4 GB × 2

Can I put 2x 16gb 3200?
or 2x 8gb in 3200?

Thank you in advance

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

hi

i haven't checked, if it says 32gb then you will need to be able to install 32gb
this is not the first time that there is a contradiction with the max per module
Try the scan here anyway:

Welcome to Crucial USA

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ok, I would like to buy 2x 16gb.

But which speed to choose?

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-ec0000-laptop-pc-series/29322788/model/34...

it is originally indicated

Memory, standard
8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)

Two SODIMM slots, customer accessible/upgradeableDDR4-2400 dual channel support (DDR4-3200 bridge to DDR4-2666, DDR4-2666 downgrade to DDR4-2400)

according to this the other modules are accepted, but restricted below the value.
therefore little interest to install faster, see the cost of the different modules!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ok, if I understand correctly, can I install 2x16gb in 2400?

HP Recommended

I have already answered, in theory therefore YES!
The crucial scan should confirm this if the computer is recognized

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I just tested the memory and it only works at La it runs at 933.mhz
It's strange
I would like to check the settings in the bios, but we cannot adjust it.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06527752

bl5l.jpgCapture.JPG

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

what do you want ..
already you do not even have what is indicated from the product page
You have the 3200, obviously instead of the advertised 2400.
No need for cpuz by the way, just go here:

Annotation 2020-05-20 194652.png

this is from a computer where the product page says

• Quantité : 16 Go
  • Vitesse : PC4-21300 Mo/s
  • Type : DDR4-2666

In short, see how crucial the 2400 offers take from the 2400, if in any case the faster memory is not functional, there is no point in buying it!
I can only tell you what is mentioned in the HP documents ..
And no, the hp bios are not designed to modify this type of parameter!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, I'm not really good at computers. And my questions may seem stupid to you

I know now I need 2400

So I can :
Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMM
or
Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 SODIMMhanks

Thanks

Capture.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.