Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 17-an101nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought this laptop yesterday and installed all drivers from hp page.

But, there is still one uknown device:

ACPI\VEN_HPIC&DEV_0003

What can that be? What should I install?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @Marka83

please follow this document below it should help fix the issue.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02609911

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Can you provide an image of the device manager that also shows the device properties window open with the Details tab selected and the Hardware IDS selected? That will make the device information viewable.

See the following image for an example.

DEV ID.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Here is the picture

Unknown device.png

HP Recommended

This device is 0003 not 0004.

I've tried to install both files from your sugested document.
First is unsupported and the other one didn't change anything.

HP Recommended

Sorry, on my other computer I can't see this picture.
I'll try to reuploadUnknown device.png

HP Recommended

This is complete Hardware Ids:

ACPI\VEN_HPIC&DEV_0003

ACPI\HPIC0003

*HPIC0003

HP Recommended

Let's try forcing Windows to provide a driver.

In the Device Manager, uninstall the device and then right click anything and select scan for hardware changes.

An alternative is to visit the Windows update website to see if it autodetects an updated driver for your device,

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Tried it, no luck

HP Recommended

In the device properties there should be a button that allows you to install a driver and have the OS search online for the driver.

Give that a shot.

Was there an update or something software that you installed that occurred prior to this showing up as an issue?

Have you created the USB recovery flash drive for your notebook yet?  If not, please do that.

It may get to the point of having to perform a factory image recovery to bring your notebook to a base state where there are no unknown devices present.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.