Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC (J3S50EA#UUG)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since i upgraded from windows 10 (64 bit) to windows 10 Pro (64 bit) There is an unknown device 'ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33A0'.

I already tried to upgrade the driver in the Device manager (result no drivers found), used the HP Support Assistent with the same result. I saw several post about this problem, but with diverent solutions and non of them for my type of laptop, so i'm not sure to try this.

The second problem i have since the upgrade is when i shut down the laptop on the normal way by the windows start button/Shutdown option, the laptop screen go black but the powerbutton stay lit and no key on the keyboard, nor the mouse or touchpad responce any more. I still can here the ventilator and there is a little heat i can feel. This state will last forever. The only way to actually shutdown the laptop completly is to hold the power button for 4 sec of more. Is this related to the driver problem?

How can i fixe those?

kind regards.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package provides the Intel Smart Connect Technology driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The Intel Smart Connect Technology driver enables the system to resume from sleep mode and update supported web applications such as email. The system enters sleep after the update is completed.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65233.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul_Tikkanen,

The Unknown device eems to be solved in device manager. Thank you for this.

But when my laptop goes in sleep modus and 1 on 2 times with the shutdown The power-button stay lit. In that case the screen is black and nothing else responce (nor the keyboard, nor the touchpad or the mouse). The only way to reset my laptop is holding down the powerbutton for several seconds. This can't be good for the working of windows or other programs. Losing parts of my own work too.

Do you or anyone else have any advice how i can solve this?

kind regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to update the Intel chipset driver and Intel Management engine Interface driver to newer versions and restart the PC.

Chipset:

10.1.18243.8188     Jan 14, 2020

sp101370.exe (hp.com)

IMEI;

11.6.0.1045   May 12, 2017

sp79059.exe (hp.com)

If that doesn't work you may want to start a new post regarding that specific issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I installed sp101370.exe, but it didn't change the shutdown problem.

Anyway thanks for your support

I gona try an other post.

kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.