Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Victus
There is a key on the top row of my new HP laptop with a symbol unknown to me: a completely white diamond. What's its function?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found it!  It isn't for WIFI.

The white  diamond is a key for the Omen Hub, which controls keyboard lighting and Omen apps.

I checked the software available for your laptop.

If you install the Omen Gaming Hub SDK package you should be able to hit the key and have the Hub open up. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/victus-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-s0000/2101...

HP probably should have  made the key the orange-red  color of the Omen Hub app.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

A picture is worth a thousand words.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

S3070001com.JPG

It's about the key above NUM LOCK.

HP Recommended

It would have also been helpful if you had shown an image of the entire keyboard.

I have never encountered a keyboard with a key like that one.

Is that an old Sun keyboard?

On a Sun PC keyboard the white diamond was the command key. It was on either side of the spacebar

What is the product number of your laptop?

When logged into Windows, hold down the Windows key and tap the R key once.

That will open the Windows run dialogue

Type in msinfo32 and press enter.

The ninth line is the SKU and the HP product number. Kindly post it in your next reply in your thread.

The System SKU/Product ID will enable us to determine the hardware configuration of your notebook.

HP Recommended

It's not an old keyboard, it's a brand new laptop HP Victus 15-fa1041nb. It even hasn't been installed yet…

prod. id.: 9A2L5EA#UUG

SN: 5CD338LFKP.

Below a photo of the entire keyboard. At elimination it's possibly the key for WiFi connection. No other key qualifies for this and I would be surprised if such a key were missing. But in that case I still don't understand the symbol…

Keyboard HP Victus.JPG

HP Recommended

Found it!  It isn't for WIFI.

The white  diamond is a key for the Omen Hub, which controls keyboard lighting and Omen apps.

I checked the software available for your laptop.

If you install the Omen Gaming Hub SDK package you should be able to hit the key and have the Hub open up. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/victus-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-s0000/2101...

HP probably should have  made the key the orange-red  color of the Omen Hub app.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.