KIRK1970 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 3
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unlock the advanced functions of the Bios InsydeH20 Rev 3.5 version F1C for HP Envy 17-2199el 3D

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Unlock the advanced functions of the Bios InsydeH"0 Rev 3.5 version F1C for HP Envy 17-2199el 3D

Hello I have a HP Envy 3D 17-2199el with insydeH"0 Rev 3.5 Bios Version F1C, completely blocked.

I just installed a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250Gb.
I have to get into the advanced settings of the BIOS to set the controller to AHCI.

I saw a guy with my own BIOS Rev 3.5 and version F1C, pressing A + F10 managed to abbilitare advanced settings.

Before:
[Moderator edited image with Serial Number]

After A+F10

I have tried to do the same procedure both before starting the bios, both inside the bios, but it did not work.

Can you help?

Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 436 813
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unlock the advanced functions of the Bios InsydeH20 Rev 3.5 version F1C for HP Envy 17-2199el 3D

Since we don't know what system the other person had we can't help you. And a bios by the same manufactures doesn't mean their options is the same as your option based on your system. So don't think what happens on another bios is the same as yours. And since we have no specs or P/N from theirs to verify what biso version they have know one can know for sure. And maybe their bios upgrades gives them that options but for you system that isn't available. So before trying to tie two different bios from different system is like comparing Apples to Oranges.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
KIRK1970 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 3
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the Bios is no different but identical
InsydeH20 Rev 3.5 Version F.1C
Identical operating system Windows 7
Make the same HP

Only changes the model notebooke.

I have HP Envy 17-2199el.
System Board: 159B (CPU1)

He has HP Pavilion DV6
System Board: 17FA

Therefore the operating system is the spread Win 7, the BIOS is the same InsydeH20 Rev 3.5, the version of BIOS is the same F.1C, the brand is notebooke HP.

Anyway, how do you get into the advanced settings of this BIOS?
It 's ridiculous that you can not do when even in the data sheet says that SSDs are supported and the AHCI controller.

There must also be a way to enable the AHCI controller.

Thanks for your response.

KIRK1970 Top Student
Top Student
3 0 3
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgive me forgive me but maybe you did not read well.

This is not about apples and oranges, but the SAME BIOS, VERSION, AND MODEL.

THIS IS THE PICTURE OF HIS BIOS Rev 3.5 version F.1C Win 7

This is my bios InsydeH20 Rev 3.5 Version F.1C win 7.

And this is the bios of the boy who managed to unlock InsydeH20 Rev 3.5 version F.1C Win 7

Frangomeztown Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hola ya probe con a+f10 y no tira como ago con la bios insideh20 3.5? Quiero las opciones avanzadas
0 Kudos
Frangomeztown Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tengo una presario cq42
0 Kudos
Mjavierg34 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So in other words you guys could never give a direct answer as for how to access the bios unlocked. Well this is the worst customer service and if you guys do not know how to get the answers to the customers then why are you guys even trying to respond. It does not make you look like you know what's being talk about. Just get someone else in this post (someone who knows).

Thank you for your time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation