Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp g6 1310a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

G'day. I have to replace Cd/DVD optical internal drive(doesn't read DVD disc  also sometimes opening by yourself) I'd like to unpage to Blue Rey internal drive combo. My question is what kind of sata tape should buy.On eBay found 9.5mm and 12.5mm.l will thankful for answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is the HP Blu-Ray disk option with bezel and all:

Blu-ray Disc ROM with LightScribe DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Double-Layer Drive 636379-001

See pages 26 and 47 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

Your drive is a 12.7 mm model which you could confirm by just removing the old drive and looking at it or taking the disk manufacturer model number off the paper label on top of the disk drive. 

You can look for the HP model with bezel and all or buy a generic Blu-Ray drive and swap over your bezel. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UJ260-For-Panasonic-12-7mm-SATA-Tray-Load-Blu-ray-BD-DVD-Burner-Laptop-Drive...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as SOlution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is the HP Blu-Ray disk option with bezel and all:

Blu-ray Disc ROM with LightScribe DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Double-Layer Drive 636379-001

See pages 26 and 47 of the Manual here:

Service Manual

Your drive is a 12.7 mm model which you could confirm by just removing the old drive and looking at it or taking the disk manufacturer model number off the paper label on top of the disk drive. 

You can look for the HP model with bezel and all or buy a generic Blu-Ray drive and swap over your bezel. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UJ260-For-Panasonic-12-7mm-SATA-Tray-Load-Blu-ray-BD-DVD-Burner-Laptop-Drive...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as SOlution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Thenks mate, l just atm comper price new internal drive with external usb drive. My hp G-6 laptop still works well under Windows 10 pro with latest version and new drivers.
HP Recommended
Thanks for aprithiet. Finally got Uj240as(same sata 12.7mm) in usb box. Might be in the future unpage my netbook optical drive.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.