cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Update BIOS in OMEN without Windows: anybody have the expanded F.12A file?

HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc0051nr
Linux

Followed all the directions from the HP site to update the BIOS without the HP installer.  Formatted the thumb drive, named the directories.  Running sp102092.exe (on a Windows machine in the local library) always throws the error:  "unable to open a CAB."  Reading the forum, it seems that sp102092 places several files on the thumb drive. Another forum post suggested using f7 to unpack sp102092, but the f7 version available from the OpenSuse repos doesn't recognize the file format of the sp.

For those of us who have only Linux on our computers, it would be great if those files were available in their native form.  My understanding is that these files on a thumb drive will let my Omen update the bios.  At one time a forum member had placed similar files from an earlier BIOS version on a file transfer site.  Can anyone make these F.12A / sp102092 files available in some fashion?

I acknowledge the advice not to update bios unless there is a need.  I hear from HP that the upgrade to F.12A is strongly recommended.  openSuse's notes for ver. 15.2 also warns that BIOS should be updated to the current level before moving from 15.1 to 15.2. 

I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation