Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion X2 Detachable

Hello guys!

My 32GB of hard disk on my Pavilion x2 detachable are not enough for updating Windows 10 and I was wondering whether I could upgrade to a 128GB SSD to solve my problem once and for all. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I actually did a Knowedge Base article on it. Clean reinstall I am sorry to say is the only answer I found.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-Windows-10-OS-on-an-HP-Stream-with-3...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Need the full model number. It depends on whether it is a removeable drive that could be replaced and upgraded or an eMMC storage chip soldered to the motherboard and we need the full model number to tell that.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for your prompt reply! It is Pavilion 10-n100 x2 Detachable PC

HP Recommended

No. The 32 gigs of EMMC storage is soldered to the board. There was an optional hard drive in the base unit as auxilliary storage but that cannot be added to a computer that did not have it from the factory. Different plastics. 

Service Manual 

HP Recommended

In that case, what could I do to solve the Windows update problem? I have an external hard disk and an SD card but I cannot manage do the update using those external spaces.... I have already done the disk clean up, removed Windows.old and most apps and I have no user files at all...

HP Recommended

I actually did a Knowedge Base article on it. Clean reinstall I am sorry to say is the only answer I found.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-Windows-10-OS-on-an-HP-Stream-with-3...

HP Recommended

Can I change HDD to ssd in my laptop. and which ssd connector is needed?

hp 15da0089ur

Snks.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! This article is very informative!  I LL try and see what happens 🙂

HP Recommended

@Kuli4  post your own thread for that, please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.