Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know is Ram Upgradable in HP Envy x360 15t ed 100 model. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Also let me know if the SSD is upgradable or not?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The memory is not upgradabe as it is onboard (soldered to motherboard) and there are no slots.

The SSD is upgradable, you can insert an M2 PCIe NVMe SSD of your preferred brand and capacity (no limit to capacity). Something like the Samsung 970 Evo Plus would be great.

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06612241

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on click on accept a solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

I came here for the same answer. David, your provided service manual shows how to replace the memory modules in the two slots located under an aluminum cover on pages 35-36. If this is accurate, why are you saying it is soldered to the board, and why do the first few pages of the support manual say the memory is nonupgradeable? Is it a bios "feature" to ensure planned obsolescence? 

HP Recommended

Hello Shawn94, where did you find the service manual?

HP Recommended

Iomare put a link in their post above mine

HP Recommended

Did you ever get a final answer if the RAM is soldered or upgradeable?

HP Recommended

Memory is upgradable; I just got HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15t-ed100 upgraded SSD to 2TB (Sabrent Rocket -much faster than 480GB Intel + Optane 32G), I upgraded memory 1x32GB (CL18) SODIMM (OLOY) but second (moving to 64GB (2x32GB) fails to boot)  Intel Gen 11 i7 CPU Specs say 64GB Dual Channel is supported, but I've not gotten it to boot, now trying to decide if I stick to 1 SODIM or return both and go to  2x16GB.

Once you pry the back off ENVY, Memory/M.2 NVME SSD easy to get to, just pull battery strap (don't need to remove battery, you can get to screws easily

HP Recommended

Hello 3Tcubed, the same happened to me,

Perhaps there is some lock or issue in the BIOS that precludes upgrading to 64. I could only upgrade to 40 GB

It's recommended to disconnect the battery to avoid any damages when changing components. 

HP Recommended

When I said pull the battery strap I was implying disconnecting the battery but not needing to remove it.

I'm planning on leaving the aluminium covers off the SSD and memory and install a 2mm copper heat sink on the SSD and a copper heat heat spreader on the SODIMS, thinking this will cool better than inside an enclosure.  The SSD had a cooling pad on the aluminium case but it did not touch the m.2 device (useless IMHO)

Any chance you tried 16+32, I also kept the original HP 8GB+the 32GB I added (40GB total) but the HP is CL22 and the OLOY is CL18 not sure mixing speed is a good idea.   I'm trying to add more mem to run SQL Server and/or multiple VM's

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.