Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
ThomasSmith Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade GPU on HP ENVY Notebook - 17-s013ca?

HP ENVY Notebook - 17-s013ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade the 940m GPU on the HP ENVY 17 s013ca to a more powerful option such as the gtx 960? I understand that its "complicated' for laptops but any answer given would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
71849 8685 18683
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly GTX 980 won't fit and won't work on your computer. Your machiine already has laptop version. And the bad news is for nearly all consumers laptops such as Envy, Pavilion .... you can't upgrade video card. You need to buy work station class machines.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
ThomasSmith Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you but I saw on previous posts that there is some compatible gpus that can be swapped out with the HP Envy 17, I am wondering if my specific model is capable of having its GPU swapped out.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation