Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrade HP Pavilion dv7 2123eo

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7 2123eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a laptop Pavilion dv7 2123eo, it is old I know but i really like it and i would like to upgrade because with win 10 pro it is some slow, the processor is AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-75 , it has 4 Gb RAM (Pc2-6400 ddr2-800 sodimm) , I would like to make it powerful but that kind of RAM memory is so difficult to find, I have to change the processor so it can fit another Ram memory?

Regards Lizzy

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,954 16,914 725 796
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LizzyGD

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications and found that your product reached end of support life. Therefore, no production available for this model, you can check with local store on upgrading the ram. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,768 42,557 6,799 11,874
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Changing the processor will not let you use different memory. 4 gb modules of DDR2-800 are available but are expensive. It has reached the point in its life where upgrades are not feasible or cost effective. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation