05-17-2016 06:56 PM - edited 05-17-2016 07:23 PM
I would like to get some ideas as to what your thoughts are to this laptop please -
Specs for what I want, are good - 4gb of Ram, 500gb hard drive and I love the 11.6' screen - but the only thing is the Intel processor could be better.
How easy would it be to upgrade the processor, where do I get a Intel replacement and is this something you would recommend?
Could I upgrade to a Intel3 or 5 processor?
Thanks so much.
05-18-2016 05:33 AM - edited 05-18-2016 05:33 AM
I just answered another question on the same laptop or very close:
Bottom line, the processor is not an upgradeable or removeable component.
If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
05-18-2016 11:15 PM
Yes, I agree the processor in that unit is not very good and understood you cannot upgrade, since it is tied to the motherboard.
I have found this one here in Canada - and with a Intel i3 process, other specs look very good. Also only $50 more than the other one, discounted - so this looks really good; especially for my needs.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot