Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15t-aq200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I couldn't find M2 slot for adding SSD in a hybrid storage mode, please help me to find the M2 slot, thanks.

IMG_2837_small.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does this help?

IMG_2837_small_LI.jpg

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

if you can’t see the image, please try 

https://ibb.co/NSb2BHV

Please highlight the exact place of M2 slot, thank you. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't know how to highlight illustrations, but I do see the M.2 slot.

Let me try and describe where it is on your picture...

The slot is located just to the top of the center of the battery, and to the left of that empty silver colored field.

You can see the hole where the SSD hold down screw goes in that silver field.

Hope that is of help to you.

HP Recommended

Sorry but as far I know there is not a m.2 slot on your laptop but you can upgrade to a 2.5 inch sata ssd

HP Recommended

Sorry, still not clear.

could you highlight in the picture I added in someway?

HP Recommended

I’m not sure, I bought this laptop couple of years back with 1TB SATA, I didn’t check upgrade or hybrid storage options while buying, but the hardware manual says it supports hybrid storage 1TB SATA and SSD

HP Recommended

Hi:

Does this help?

IMG_2837_small_LI.jpg

HP Recommended

No, that’s an IC not M2 slot 😞

HP Recommended

It sure looks like a M.2 slot to me. 

I even see the hole where you screw down the SSD to the right in the silver field about 2" away.

If that isn't it then your notebook doesn't have one.

HP Recommended

I think so, but hardware manual says it supports hybrid storage, any other ways to check?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.