Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-am128tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to add SSD on my laptop. but before I wanted to ask

Does this laptop have a separate SSD slot?

If so, what type ssd?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@QiArman wrote:

... Can you recommend if my notebook wants to use SSD?

@QiArman

You can replace existing HDD with 2.5" SSD. That is a very simple task. I did another one last week.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@QiArman

This ia a million dollars question. On many machines with single storage option like yours, they do not have M,2 slot for SSD. Many members read  the Maintenance and Service Guide and think there machines have M.2 slots until they open the case.

You can check your machine does it have a Solid-state drive board: or not:

pcie.png

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding to my question.

I ask this because I think there are differences in each version.

Yes you are right I read the User Guide.

I will try to open the case.

But if there is no SSD slot,
Can you recommend if my notebook wants to use SSD?

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

@QiArman wrote:

... Can you recommend if my notebook wants to use SSD?

@QiArman

You can replace existing HDD with 2.5" SSD. That is a very simple task. I did another one last week.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended
There is no way to keep existing HDD?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.