Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs3065st Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I looked at the service manual for the HP Pavilion 15-cs3065st (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06248419.pdf)

It shows the M.2 slot is where the 16GB Optane from factory goes, and it is the only M.2 slot. It is also supposed to have a 1TB 5400 RPM drive. My understanding is that style Optane accelerates the performance of the mechanical drive and is pretty useless for 2.5" SSD.

Will replacing the 16 GB Optane with Intel OPTANE H10 16GB + 256GB SSD M.2 work?

Can I then replace the 1TB mechanical drive with a 1TB SSD (probably Western Digital Blue)?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Steve_Knoxville 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06619159

The specs says nothing about Optane, only 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD; but I believe you because you have the machine.

You can totally remove Optane and add 256GB to 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD drive to your machine OR  have your option to use Intel OPTANE H10 16GB + 256GB SSD M.2.

Of course, you can replace 1TB 2.5" HDD to 1TB or 2TB 2.5" SSD any time after the change.

Note: You need disable Optane before the change and enable it again if you wish to use Intel OPTANE H10 16GB + 256GB SSD M.2.

Please read the following Guide

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05591811

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No I do not have the machine yet.

May I direct you to Table 3-1 Item (13) line 6 of the manual I linked to:

"Optane memory module, 16 GB, PCIe L27309-001" which is also listed in the spec at Staples.

HP Recommended

@Steve_Knoxville wrote:

No I do not have the machine yet.

May I direct you to Table 3-1 Item (13) line 6 of the manual I linked to:

"Optane memory module, 16 GB, PCIe L27309-001" which is also listed in the spec at Staples.

@Steve_Knoxville 

Well, I follow official specs and my previous reply should be simpler. I don't know where to get table 3-1 and where is Staples. Table may apply for the whole series, not the model you are looking for.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

The guide you provided has this note about Optane modules:

"NOTE: Only Windows 10 Creators Update (1703) or later is supported."

But the retailer states it is a Windows 10 Home 64 OS, as does your spec sheet.

Is this something that needs to be addressed in the Optane support guide, or is Home 64 "later" than 1703, or something else? 

HP Recommended

I found the answer at Intel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.