Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1024AX

Hello

This query concerns Model No.  HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1024AX

1.  Is it possible to upgrade an SSD (512GB) to be used along with the 1 TB HDD and also put an additional RAM (8GB) on this device ?

2. Will upgrading to the above violate any warranty terms.

3. Will I need to take to an authorised service center

4. How do I reinstall my WIN 10 + all other pre installed software from the existing HDD to the new SSD.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RahulWarrier Note: I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

That out of the way, here's all you need to know about upgrades:

1. Click here to identify parts tested and approved by HP to work on your device (It looks like you can use 1TB HDD with 1TB SSD or 512GB SSD as well)
  2. It would not void any warranty, however, the new parts will not be covered under HP warranty
  3. If you are technically savvy, you can do it yourself.
  4. HP recommends using the HP recovery media: click here for details on a related post.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.

You have mentioned that "Click here to identify parts tested and approved by HP to work on your device (It looks like you can use 1TB HDD with 1TB SSD or 512GB SSD as well)"

The HP Manual shows the below configuration of which I have a query as per below screenshot.Capture.JPG

CP 2.JPG

Source of screenshot : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06446633

In the above under "DUALSTORAGE"  it shows that that maximum supported storage for SSD would be 128GB NVMe  in the  below combination. (ec-1024AX has 1 TB 5400 RPM HDD)

128 GB SSD (boot drive) + 1 TB HDD for storage.

Max supported SSD is 1 TB (but it is not under dual storage)

So this should mean the below

The motherboad has a shared lane between the SATA and the NVMe port of 4 lanes

so if you use a 4x NVMe SSD then all 4 lanes will be used by NVMe SSD leaving nothing for the SATA port hence no HDD will work but if you use 2x NVMe SSD then 2 out of 4 lanes will be available for SATA port so HDD will work.

Please request clarification on the same whether using a PCIe x4 NVMe SSD will disable the SATA port in ec-1021 AX and ec-1024AX.

HP Recommended

@RahulWarrier

You can only use one SSD and one SATA HDD as Dual Configuration

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Request you to kindly the read the question and reply.

I would reiterate the question : does the dual storage option of 1 TB HDD and 1 TB SSD PCIe x 4 NVMe possible on the ec-1024Ax and ec-1021AX model.

This is because the manual mentions Only 256GB PCIe x2 NVMe along with storage of 1 TB HDD.

This is not a complicated question I believe for HP to reply

HP Recommended

@RahulWarrior I've already responded to your question, in my original post, and incase you missed it, here's the exact line I used:

I hope that helps!

Let me know if you need anything else.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.