Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-dk0017nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP 14-dk0017nv laptop.

I want to 1) upgrade the m.2 ssd to an nvme m.2 with higher capacity
2) install a 2nd ssd in the space it has available
3) install/upgrade the ram
So...
1) What's the highest capacity of nvme m.2 I can install on the laptop.
2) Where I can get the sata cable and bracket for installing a 2nd drive on the laptop (parts l23187-001, l24490-001). I can't find them anywhere. Questions: 2a) The sata cable is 8 pin or 10 pin 2b) What's the max storage space the ssd can have? 2c) Any link/site so I can order the parts?
3) The ram. What's the max speed it can have? Can I install 2x8GB so dimm ddr4 at 3200MHz?

Thanks to anyone offering any answer to any of the questions

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tsekos 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06378195

It has  256 GB M.2 SSD which is SATA.

1. You have to use M.2 SATA (not NVMe) up to 2TB,

2.  You can add 2.3" SATA SSD to your machine, you have use part # and search ONLINE

3.  You can upgrade to 32GB of RAM using compatible RAM such as. You can install higher speed RAM but machine wull run at 2400MHz.

https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k16g4sfd824a/ct18115353

The second set of questions same answers above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So... my questions are now

1. If I install an 2 TB nvme, will it not run? Or will it run as standard ssd?
2. Any Idea on where to get the parts for the 2nd drive. I have found the part numbers but I can't find where to buy them (international seller - ebay or the sort)

3. The sata cable for the 2nd ssd. Is it 8 or 10 pin?

HP Recommended

@tsekos 

Sorry, please read my reply first.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.