Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 14-bs726tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does my laptop support if i want to replace its 4gb ddr3 ram to 2 units 8gb ddr4 ram. And does my laptop support m.2 nvme ssd because i have spot the socket soldered on the motherboard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can upgrade to max 32GB of DDR4 2400Mhz RAM (2x16GB) even if the service manual mentions 16GB.

The RAM will run at 2133MHz.

So, yes you can insert 2x8GB and it will run well. Example of RAM:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-14-bs726tu#MEMORYFilters

the M2 slot supports only M2 SATA3 SSDs such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo or similar. It will still be much faster than the Hard Drive. You can get of your desired capacity (no limit).

On page 45 and 51 of service manual you can see the steps to install the RAM and SSD.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can upgrade to max 32GB of DDR4 2400Mhz RAM (2x16GB) even if the service manual mentions 16GB.

The RAM will run at 2133MHz.

So, yes you can insert 2x8GB and it will run well. Example of RAM:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-14-bs726tu#MEMORYFilters

the M2 slot supports only M2 SATA3 SSDs such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo or similar. It will still be much faster than the Hard Drive. You can get of your desired capacity (no limit).

On page 45 and 51 of service manual you can see the steps to install the RAM and SSD.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

I have checked the the task manager and it show that my old ram works at 2400mhz then the new pair which is ddr4 2666mhz also works at same frequency, 2400mhz. Thank god I've successfully upgraded that machine ram.

Is there any adapter that support the ssd m.2 nvme enabling it to fit in a laptop available at the market? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.