1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade my laptop

HP Notebook - 15-bs180tx
Linux

I want to add SSD to my laptop.
I want to know if my laptop has an M.2 slot or not to add SSD separately without removing internal HHD.
And also is there any way to check that without opening my laptop?

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
41,316 39,774 6,202 10,768
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade my laptop

Here is the Service Manual:

Manual

Open the back cover and you see this inside:

15bs1.jpgred arrow = M.2 slot

So at least on paper yes you can simply add a SATA M.2 SSD like the Samsung 860 Evo and keep the HDD as well. I say "on paper" as we have seen several owners of your model make the mistake of buying an upgrade M.2 SSD and open the laptop only to find no slot where I put the red arrow in the picture above. Bummer. And there is no way to tell in advance because if you run a diagnostic program it may seem to show the presence of the PCIe (M.2) slot but the slot hardware was just not soldered to the motherboard at the factory. So I hate to say it but if you want to upgrade on your own you need to be willing to open it up. You would have to do it at some point anyway. The odds are about 90% you do have the slot, by the way. 

Post back if you need any more help and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation