AvLadder Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Upgrade new models with SSD

HP PAVILION 15-au024ur

Hello. I already know, that notebooks like: HP PAVILION 15-au024ur, HP PAVILION 15-au027ur, HP PAVILION 15-au028ur, HP PAVILION 17-g109ur, also 250/450 G4/5 sries are not self-upgradable due to there are no small cover with access to memory and store devices (hdd and/or ssd). Am I right?

But any case - has anyone experience in upgrade of this notebooks? Maybe after warranty ends?

Can I upgrade it with ssd? M.2 SSD or SSD instead of DVD drive?

Can I receive an official answer or download an official document, that can say me - is there are an empty M.2 slot exists or not? For sure...

Thx.

7 REPLIES
AvLadder Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

And that m.2 slot is enabled... read in other topic that it can exist but disabled.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @AvLadder

Thank you for joining into the HP Support Forums. I read your posts and see that you would like to know some information about upgrading after the Warranty ends. 

I have not personally tested out any upgrades with any of the HP Pavilion 15-au000 Notebook PC series, but I can provide you with the HP Pavilion Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide and the User Guide to find information about upgrading. It will tell you what is compatible with your Notebook for upgrading purposes and provide steps to do so if it is compatible. 

There is also a document called HP Notebook Hard Drives & Solid State Drives that I am including just for you to look at and see if it helps answer any questions. 

You may want to ask a repair facility about removing the Optical Drive as there could be issues with balancing etc. of components inside the Notebook afterward. 

f you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
AvLadder Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The page for your specific product has User Guides but they are in a different language. You are more than welcome to take a look at them. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
AvLadder Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@User Guide dont tell anything about internal hardware and about m2 slot of course. If I swich lang to EN - there are Maintenance and Service Guide but it is the same common for all series document, which you given me in your first message. It describes different models in series. For example if we will see at next model 027: http://support.hp.com/by-ru/product/HP-Pavilion-15-au000-Notebook-PC-series/10862158/model/12319228/... - there will be the same HP Pavilion Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide with same link...

Maybe it is mean, that EVERY model in 15-au series guaranteed has the m.2 slot for ssd?? And this slot is not disabled?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, 

honestly, there is nothing else that I can say. I cannot answer your question specifically because I too only have the information that is provided in the Maintenance and Service Guide which is generic. I've exhausted all of my options at this point. You could try and take a stab at calling phone support, they may know more about what you can and cannot put into this model specifically: 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
AvLadder Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So sad.. Anyway, thank you for trying to help.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation