Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power 15-cb028nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I currently have an HP Pavilion Power 15-cb028nf and I would like to upgrade my RAM capacity up to 16GB ( I currently have 2x4GB=8GB, DDR4 2666 Ghz ), I was thinking of getting 2x8GB=16GB DDR4 2400Ghz and I was just wondering if these ones would be compatible with my laptop: Crucial RAM CT2K8G4SFS824A 16Go Kit (2x8Go) DDR4 2400 MHz CL17 Mémoire d’ordinateur Portable 

Also I have only 1To HDD at the moment and I would like to add 1To of SSD to my laptop. I am very confused between SATA Interface, ATA-7 Interface, NVMe M.2... 

I saw this on the documentation for my laptop:

Nikki_P_0-1645122826149.png

Does this mean my laptop is compatible with NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD even if the interface type is ATA-7? Also is it possible to add more than 256GB SSD?

Would this SSD be compatible with my laptop for example: Crucial P2 CT1000P2SSD8 SSD Interne 1To, Vitesses atteignant 2400 Mo/s (3D NAND, NVMe, PCIe, M.2)

I don't know if the speed is correct for the SSD.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nikki_P 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05888627

1. RAM: You can simply add SAME existing RAM to slot 2 nad you have 16GB max

2. STORAGE: You can add M.2 NVMe or SATA to your machine using STANDARD M.2 SSD's on market today.

Regarrs.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.