08-22-2016 09:33 AM
Thank you for joining in @WalkerBase!
Here at the HP Support Forums you can find suggestions, solutions and get help from others in the community! I understand that you would like to know if you can upgrade to a Samsung 850 evo 500GB 2.5 SSD.
Here is your HP ENVY Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide and the hard drives for use:
- 1.5-TB, 5400-rpm, 9.5-mm
- 1.0-TB, 5400-rpm, 9.5-mm
- 750-GB, 5400-rpm, 9.5-mm
- 750-GB, 5400-rpm, 9.5-mm, 8-GB hybrid
- 1.0-TB, 5400-rpm, SATA, 7.0-mm, hybrid 8-GB
- 500-GB, 5400-rpm, SATA, 9.5-mm
- 500-GB, 5400-rpm, SATA, 7.0-mm, hybrid 8-GB
There is no mention of a straight SSD configuration in the Maintenance and Service Guide.
If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up.
If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution.
Have a great day!
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot