Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)

Upgradeable RAM? HP X2 10 Detachable laptop

Product Name: Pavilion x2 10-p019tu
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OS system check says Total Memory Banks: 2 

and the 1 is empty. Does it mean I have 2 memory slots in this unit and I can upgrade the RAM? See image.HPSystem checkHPSystem check

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (137 Views)

Re: Upgradeable RAM? HP X2 10 Detachable laptop

@bendajao

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you would like to know if the memory on your HP Notebook x2 - 10-p019tu could be upgraded. 

I did some research on this case and came across this service guide. As per the guide, it indicates that the memory is integrated on the motherboard and hence cannot be changed/upgraded by the user. This laptop comes in two variants. One that comes preinstalled with 2GB memory and the other comes with 4GB memory.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to keep me posted for any further questions. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (97 Views)

So the info provided by the HP OS Check is faulty? Because it said there are 2 memory banks and 1 is empty. Doesn' the memory bank mean memory slots?
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)

@bendajao

Hi,

A memory bank is a part of (cache) memory that is addressed consecutively. Its mostly in the form of a chip integrated on the motherboard. 

Whereas, a memory slot, memory socket, or RAM slot is what allows computer memory (RAM) to be inserted into the computer.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation