Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-bs006ds
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My grandmother recently passed away and I was given her laptop to do schoolwork for college. I reinstalled Windows because it was running slowly. However, it continued to run slowly. Therefore, I purchased Windows 10 Pro  and a SSD to install. I installed the SSD and Windows. The laptop is running a lot faster now. However, I am noticing the SSD is not getting the right read and write speeds. I believe the reason is the drivers need updated. Right now they are just running whatever Windows installed during installation. This laptop has an Intel Braswell CPU. Therefore, I tried going to the product page and downloading the Chipset driver etc for Braswell. I cannot get any of them to install. They all say not supported. I tried installing the chipset drivers from Intel as well and get the same error. Can someone help me update my driver please?'

'

For example under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, the SATA controller drive is from 2006. Surely there has to be a newer driver than this available from somewhere. I suspect this is the reason I cannot get more the 200MBs read and 100MBs write speeds on the SSD I installed. I was able to get the fallowing drivers to install from the manufacturers pages.

Intel 7265 Dual Band Wifi driver

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Realtek HD Audio

I would like to get the chipeset and SATA drivers updated at the very lease. If someone could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rocky

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

This should be the chipset driver file you need...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72349.exe

This should be the storage controller driver you need...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72356.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply. The chipset driver seams to have installed. The SATA driver did not. It says product unsupported. I forgot to mention. It looks like there is different drivers based on CPU. This is the Braswell variant. Also, is there any other drivers that I should install besides those two to get everything running up to speed?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I tried that before it tells me I have to get the drivers from my device manufacturer lol

HP Recommended

What is the part for, but not about collecting data. 🤑

HP Recommended

I think its horrendous how manufacturers hack and mod things so bad you cannot even update the computer/laptop in the traditional manner.

HP Recommended

Again, the common problem is that HP is not properly mapping the drivers. There is more on the Laptop PC series page.

HP Recommended

Those are the ones I been trying the whole time. None of them work! The only thing I got to work was the BIOS upgrade. Everything else says system not supported.

HP Recommended

Latest Braswell chipset driver from Dec 2019 error screenshot https://ibb.co/XzFZwSN

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.