01-03-2018 01:49 PM
I would like to know Can I upgrade RAM on HP 15-bs158sa 15.6 from 4GB DDR4 to 8GB DDR4.
01-03-2018 04:23 PM
Memory Two non-customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots (Intel Core processors)
DDR4-2133 dual channel support (DDR4-2400 bridge to DDR4-2133)
Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following conƭgurations
16384-MB total system memory (8192×2)
12288-MB total system memory (8192×1) + (4096×1)
8192-MB total system memory (8192×1) or (4096×2)
6144-MB total system memory (4096×1) + (2048×1)
4096-MB total system memory (4096×1)
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
01-04-2018 12:43 AM
Your PC supports max 16GB of DDR4-2133Mhz RAM (2x8GB)
So you can add another 4GB stick in the empty slot to bring total to 8GB. 16GB is what the PC has been tested with, however HP DDR4 systems will run with 32GB of RAM.
On page 2 and 54 of service manual you can see various configurations and steps to upgrade RAM
Hope it helps,
Please click on thumbs up for thanks
Please click on accept as solution if answered your question
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot