Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to increase my boot SSD size and am thinking of upgrading to a 480 GB Adata XPG SX8200 NVME M.2 SSD. Will I be able to install this and use it with my laptop?

The ADATA SSD has components on both sides of the board and is an NVME drive. I am unsure if it is compatible with my 15-ax040tx. Anyone can clarify this for me?

The alternative is a Samsung 970 Evo.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @rocketfueled, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to upgrade M.2 SSD on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

By not wasting much of your time here.

As you mentioned you would like to upgrade the SSD to 480 GB Adata XPG SX8200 NVME M.2 SSD.

The hard drive, you are trying to install has not been tested or tried with the product. We cannot guarantee that the product will function correctly.

However, as per the specifications you can upgrade the SSD on your PC. Also, I would suggest you upgrade the product with the following M.2 SSD below.

I have checked the specifications of your laptop and found there is one Internal card expansion M.2 slot. 

Internal card expansion
One M.2 slot for WLAN 
One M.2 slot for SSD

Please find the part numbers for the M.2 SSD listed below.

Generic SSD 128 GB 2280 M2 SATA-3 Value TL 827560-027
Generic SSD 256 GB 2280 M2 PCIe 3x4SS NVMe TLC TL 847109-008
Generic SSD 512 GB 2280 M2 PCIe3x4SS NVMe TLC TL, not for products with AMD Radeon hybrid
graphics       847110-007

Refer the laptop user guide to know more information. Click Here

Note: Refer page 41 for more information.

Also, you can purchase the parts from HP parts store using this link. Click Here

Hope to this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.