Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15-bp104tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Could someone please confirm if a RAM / SSD upgrade would be possible from HP ENVY x360 15-bp104tx (has the Nvidea Geforce 150MX)?

Best regards

Michael Rizhakov

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You can upgrade the SSD and the installed memory.      2280, PCIe, NVMe are the required specifications.

The memory can be upgraded to 16 GB.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your replyand suggestion, Enrico!

Could you please help me confirm what configuration of RAM and SSD i would be able to install?

Would it be 16GB*1 stick of DDR4 2666 SODIMM and  512-GB, 2280 M.2, PCIe-3×4?

The manual was a bit confusing, this is what i found in the manual ( my computer has a Nvidea MX150 with 4 gb discreet VRAM, so not too sure which category does it fit into):

Supports up to 16-GB of system memory in the following conƭgurations
● 16384-MB (16384-MB × 1; 16-GB DDR4 2666 SODIMM bridge to 16-GB DDR4 2400 1.2v SODIMM; only
available on computer models equipped with an Intel i7 processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA
memory)
● 12288-MB (8192-MB + 4096-MB on-board system memory [512-MB×16×4 pieces]; 8-GB DDR4 2666
SODIMM bridge to 8-GB DDR4 2400 1.2v SODIMM; not available on computer models equipped with an
Intel i7 processor and a graphics subsystem with discrete memory)
● 8192-MB (4096-MB + 4096-MB on-board system memory [512-MB×16×4 pieces]; 8-GB DDR4 2666
SODIMM bridge to 8-GB DDR4 2400 1.2v SODIMM; only available on computer models equipped with an
Intel i7 processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA memory)
● 8192-MB (8192-MB × 1; 8-GB DDR4 2666 SODIMM bridge to 8-GB DDR4 2400 1.2v SODIMM; only
available on computer models equipped with an Intel i7 processor and a graphics subsystem with UMA
memory)

Best regards,

Michael

HP Recommended

The SSD will depend on your budget, but I would upgrade to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB or 500 GB model. See the SSD products at the link below this line.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=samsung+970+evo+plus

The memory for a maximum memory install would be two 8 GB memory modules for a total of 16 GB. 12 GB is also a viable configuration.

Since the manual states there is only one available slot there are limits.

Crucial memory sells modules that are guaranteed to be compatible.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/envy-x360-15-(models-15-bp1xx)

Mixing memory modules in terms of capacity, brands or footprint ( double/single sided) or adding a 4 GB could very well result in only on of the modules being recognized as present and usable by the BIOS or operating system. For that reason I recommend purchasing only guaranteed compatible memory modules.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I checked the internals of the notebook - it has a a soldered-on 4 Gb of RAM and one slot for memory which is currently occupied by a 4 GB 2400 memory. 

I wanted to confirm - can I change the 4 Gb memory stick for a 16 GB one or only a 8 Gb one? Crucial's website show that a 16 GB stick would be compatible, however their website states that maximum memory is 16 GB - does that mean that the notebook would only run the 16GB memory stick and ignore the soldered-on memory.

Is Crucial's website accurate? It doesnt show any options for NVME SSD upgrades for this notebook.

HP Recommended

@mihej wrote:

I checked the internals of the notebook - it has a a soldered-on 4 Gb of RAM and one slot for memory which is currently occupied by a 4 GB 2400 memory. 

I wanted to confirm - can I change the 4 Gb memory stick for a 16 GB one or only a 8 Gb one? Crucial's website show that a 16 GB stick would be compatible, however their website states that maximum memory is 16 GB - does that mean that the notebook would only run the 16GB memory stick and ignore the soldered-on memory.

Is Crucial's website accurate? It doesnt show any options for NVME SSD upgrades for this notebook.

Crucial guarantees that the memory module will work. Before purchasing memory, contact them by email and get their recommendation.

I have never heard of Crucial's recommendations or the website information being inaccurate. They just have too much to lose.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.