Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP y009ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have HP Y009NG and I want to Upgrade my RAM,i have already 4 GB ddr3 in it but i want 8 GB. Can you please tell me is it possible to upgrade to 8 GB? and how Many RAM Slots it has? Please help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

8GB total should be enough for most everything on the computer. You probably will see no difference between 8Gb and 12GB. I would install 4GB and maybe consider installing an SSD by the replacing the mechanical hard drive. This would make a big difference in everyday performance.

Let me know if you need any further help,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your PC supports max 16GB of DDR3L-1600Mhz RAM (2x8GB)

So you could add one stick of 4GB in the empty slot. On page 2 and 47 of service manual you can see various configurations and steps to upgrade RAM.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05143572

Let me know if you need further help,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you for your Reply.  I am actually confused with 1600 MHZ because i checked my RAM details with a software which shows me something else. it shows '' Max Bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 mhz) '' Can you please check attached picture. When I am sure then I will Order 4gb Ddr3L RAM.  Thank you 🙂 

HP Recommended

RAM.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi,

DDR is double data rate, so you need to multiply the 800Mhz shown by 2 = 1600Mhz

In Windows go to task manager (right-click on start of desktop) and click on task manager. Now click on more details if necessary and go to the tab performance. Now on the left click on Memory and in the Windows you will see speed.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hey i checked the details of memory as u give me instructions. it worked and helpful. Thank you and Should i Buy 4 GB or 8 GB RAM? i mean i want it to be full of RAM speed and as u you said it supports 16GB max. so if i BUY 8GB then it will be 12GB RAM or if i buy 4GB then all together 8GB.

HP Recommended

8GB total should be enough for most everything on the computer. You probably will see no difference between 8Gb and 12GB. I would install 4GB and maybe consider installing an SSD by the replacing the mechanical hard drive. This would make a big difference in everyday performance.

Let me know if you need any further help,

David

HP Recommended
Hi. Can you please tell me what SSD should i buy? I mean i am not sure what kind of SSD would be for my laptop? Maybe you remember i have HP-Amd-E2-7110.
Thank you
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.