Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power - 15t-cb000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this computer in 2018, I am looking into upgrading the ram. From 8 GB to 16 GB or even 32 GB, although I don't know what speed this model supports. Currently I have 2400 Mhz, hoping to upgrade to 3200 Mhz if possible. I might replace my fan my laptop gets warm, if they wear out or not

Here are the specs for my current ram:

Kingston Ram single 8GB

Part number: HP24D4758MBP-8

Memory Size: 8192 MB

Max Memory Speed 2400 Mhz

Memory clock speed: 2400 Mhz

Memory Type: DDR4

Processor: Intel i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

Processor Speed: 3100 Mhz

Battery Info

Capacity 70070 mW.Hour

Voltage 15400 mV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Spyrofan 

Manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493193.pdf

1. RAM: You can upgrade to 16GB (2 x 8GB) using 2400MHz RAM. You can install 2666NHz or 3200MHz RAM but machine will run at 2400MHz. Please use SAME existing RAM to get full benefit of dual channels architecture.

2. FAN: No, you can't upgrade fan, you can ONLY replace fan(s) using same existing part(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Spyrofan 

Manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493193.pdf

1. RAM: You can upgrade to 16GB (2 x 8GB) using 2400MHz RAM. You can install 2666NHz or 3200MHz RAM but machine will run at 2400MHz. Please use SAME existing RAM to get full benefit of dual channels architecture.

2. FAN: No, you can't upgrade fan, you can ONLY replace fan(s) using same existing part(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, guess the Mhz is limited to the intel core. That's really helpful knowing 2400 Mhz is the cap, yeah I read that both Ram sticks being the same brand & model is good. And not to mix the two types. Yeah I might look into replacing my fan if needed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.