Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-x116dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day;

i know this question has been asked but didnt really find an answer for it. i want to upgrade my RAM and upgrade it to 32GB since the Processor and Chipset support it and i run a lot of virtual machines on my laptop some i connect to through hyper V. i already upgraded from windows 10 home 64bit to windows 10 pro 64bit, the only thing left is the RAM but i want want to make sure that it wont void my warranty when i do this. thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your PC supports a max of 16 GB DDR4 2133Mhz (2×8GB).

Upgrading RAM is usually an accepted practice and should have no effect on warranty.

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your PC supports a max of 16 GB DDR4 2133Mhz (2×8GB).

Upgrading RAM is usually an accepted practice and should have no effect on warranty.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. I looked on the intel website and it said that the 7200U processor supports 32GB RAM. **bleep** and I already ordered 2 16GB sticks... I just want to clarify something, HP tends to hide some screws under the label at the bottom of the system chassis and it is best practice to know that those things are tamper proof tags. So i can damage the tag (poke a screwdriver through it) to get to the screw upgrade my ram and it won't void my warranty. Also, what of using HDD caddy? I want to get a 250GB SSD and put is as my primary HDD and as I never use my optical drive anymore I want to put the 1TB into a HDD caddy and remove the optical drive from the bay, would this have any effect on my warranty too. Finally, any recommendations for a drive caddy (I understand it is your opinion and it doesn't reflect HP ) I have searched for HP branded caddy but HP doesn't make them. Thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.