Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-bq002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, ive been looking on different sites about this and am still none the wiser so i thought id post here.

My standard charger for my laptop broke ( the inside pin bent). I noticed that there were usb and usb-c ports on the side of my laptop that had that lightning symbol we all associate with power/charging. I decided to buy a usb-c laptop charger but it doesnt charge the laptop. Am i doing something wrong? I know some laptops dont come with usb-c charging but my laptop was £750, id expect it to have this feature for that price. 

Any help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cmoore42

Your Notebook Model has the USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge) which is a Thunderbolt Port

This Port allows you to connects a USB device that has a Type-C connector, provides data transfer and charges most products such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch even when the computer is OFF.

It also allows you to connect a display device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing Display Port output

So basically you cannot charge the Notebook through the USB port Type -C

You can refer to the User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05638967

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.