Cmoore42
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usb-c charging

HP Envy x360 15-bq002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, ive been looking on different sites about this and am still none the wiser so i thought id post here.

My standard charger for my laptop broke ( the inside pin bent). I noticed that there were usb and usb-c ports on the side of my laptop that had that lightning symbol we all associate with power/charging. I decided to buy a usb-c laptop charger but it doesnt charge the laptop. Am i doing something wrong? I know some laptops dont come with usb-c charging but my laptop was £750, id expect it to have this feature for that price. 

Any help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,398 12,377 817 811
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usb-c charging

@Cmoore42

Your Notebook Model has the USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge) which is a Thunderbolt Port

This Port allows you to connects a USB device that has a Type-C connector, provides data transfer and charges most products such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch even when the computer is OFF.

It also allows you to connect a display device that has a USB Type-C connector, providing Display Port output

So basically you cannot charge the Notebook through the USB port Type -C

You can refer to the User Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05638967

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation